Road traffic estimates for Great Britain: October to December 2014
Provisional annual estimates for road traffic in Great Britain for 2014 using rolling annual totals.
PDF, 498KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Provisional annual estimates for 2014 indicate that:
- all motor vehicle traffic increased by 2.1%, to 310.2 billion vehicle miles in 2014, compared to 2013
- car traffic increased by 1.5% from 2013, totalling 243.7 billion vehicle miles
- Light Goods Vehicle (LGV) traffic reached a new peak, totalling 45.1 billion vehicle miles, a 5.8% increase from 2013
- motorway traffic increased to a new record high, reaching 64.8 billion vehicle miles over the four quarters of 2014, up 2.4% from 2013
- traffic also increased across all other road types compared to 2013
Road traffic and free flow speeds statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 3095