Road traffic estimates for Great Britain: January to March 2015
Road traffic estimates by volume, vehicle type and road class in Great Britain, for the year ending March 2015.
PDF, 579KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Comparing the year to end March 2015 with the same period in 2014:
- all motor vehicle traffic increased by 1.8 %, to 312.4 billion vehicle miles
- car traffic increased by 1.3 %
- LGV traffic increased by 5.1 %, reaching a new peak of 45.5 billion vehicle miles
- traffic volumes increased across all road classifications
- minor rural road traffic increased the most, rising 4.9 % to reach 44.1 billion vehicle miles
Road traffic and vehicle speed statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 3095