Statistics on the number of powered vehicles and unaccompanied trailers carried on each route to mainland Europe.
In January to March 2016, there were 716,000 good vehicles (540,000 were powered vehicles and 176,000 were unaccompanied trailers).
Powered vehicles disembarked in:
- France, decreased by 9% to 496,000
- Netherlands, increased by 5% to 38,000
The majority of goods vehicles travelling from the Dover Strait Port Group were powered vehicles (99%) and from the North Sea Port Group, unaccompanied trailers (80%).
Road goods vehicles in the 12 month period ending March 2016:
- decreased by 1% to 2.9 million, of which
- 2.2 million were powered vehicles
- 0.7 million were unaccompanied trailers