Statistics on the number of local bus:
in Great Britain.
For the year ending December 2017, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.38 billion, a 1.8% decrease
- London decreased by 0.6%
- England outside London decreased by 3%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for October to December 2017 to the same period in 2016, we see:
- a 2.5% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 0.7%
In the same period for bus use, we see:
- England outside London decreased by 4.3%.
- Scotland decreased by 2.1%
- Wales decreased by 4.1%
The local bus fares index increased by 3% in England between December 2016 and December 2017.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1% increase in London
- 3.9% increase in metropolitan areas
- 4.5% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) increased by 2.9% over the same 12-month period whilst the CPIH increased by 2.7%. The Retail Prices Index (RPI) increased by 4.1%.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 2% in Scotland
- 2.9% in Wales