Statistics on the number of local bus:
in Great Britain.
For the year ending September 2018, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.31 billion, a 2.1% decrease
- London decreased by 1.3%
- England outside London decreased by 2.9%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for July to September 2018 to the same period in 2017, we see:
- a 1.3% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 1.5%
In the same period for bus use, we see:
- England outside London decreased by 1.1%.
- Scotland decreased by 3.8%
- Wales increased by 2.5%
The local bus fares index increased by 3.7% in England between September 2017 and September 2018.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 0.4% increase in London
- 2.4% increase in metropolitan areas
- 7.9% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) increased by 2.4% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 4.3% in Scotland
- 3.6% in Wales