Statistics on the number of local bus:
in Great Britain.
For the year ending September 2017, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.40 billion, a 1.5% decrease
- London decreased by 1%
- England outside London decreased by 2%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for July to September 2017 to the same period in 2016, we see:
- a 1.6% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 0.1%
In the same period for bus use, we see:
- England outside London decreased by 3.2%.
- Scotland decreased by 3.2%
- Wales decreased by 3.8%
The local bus fares index increased by 3.3% in England between September 2016 and September 2017.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1% increase in London
- 4.1% increase in metropolitan areas
- 5.3% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The retail prices index increased by 3.9% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 2.2% in Scotland
- 1.8% in Wales