Statistics on the number of local bus:
in Great Britain.
For the year ending March 2018, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.38 billion, a 1.4% decrease
- London decreased by 0.6%
- England outside London decreased by 2.2%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for January to March 2018 to the same period in 2017, we see:
- a 1.5% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 1.2%
In the same period for bus use, we see:
- England outside London decreased by 1.7%.
- Scotland decreased by 5.8%
- Wales decreased by 3.7%
The local bus fares index increased by 2.8% in England between March 2017 and March 2018.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 0.4% increase in London
- 3.1% increase in metropolitan areas
- 5.2% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) increased by 2.5% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 5.1% in Scotland
- 3.6% in Wales