Statistics on the number of local bus:
in Great Britain.
For the year ending June 2019, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.31 billion, a 0.7% decrease
- London decreased by 0.9%
- England outside London decreased by 0.5%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for April to June 2019 to the same period in 2018, we see:
- a 1.0% decrease in England
- London decreased by 0.6%
- England outside London decreased by 1.4%
- Scotland increased by 1.5%
- Wales decreased by 0.4%
The local bus fares index increased by 3.1% in England between June 2018 and June 2019.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1.4% increase in London
- 4.0% increase in metropolitan areas
- 4.2% increase in non-metropolitan areas
- 1.8% in Scotland
- 3.4% in Wales
The consumer prices index (CPI) increased by 2.0% over the same 12-month period.