Statistics on the number of local bus:
in Great Britain.
For the year ending June 2018, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.36 billion, a 1.5% decrease
- London decreased by 1.2%
- England outside London, decreased by 1.7%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for April to June 2018 with April to June 2017, we see:
- a 1.7% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 2.8%
In the same period for bus use, we see:
- England outside London decreased by 0.6%.
- Scotland decreased by 6.0%
- Wales increased by 1.0%
The local bus fares index increased by 3.2% in England between June 2017 and June 2018.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 0.4% increase in London
- 2.2% increase in metropolitan areas
- 6.6% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The consumer prices index (CPI) increased by 2.4% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 4.5% in Scotland
- 3.5% in Wales