Quarterly bus statistics: April to June 2016
Statistics on local bus passenger journeys and fares in Great Britain for April to June 2016.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
- the number of local bus passenger journeys
- local bus fares
in Great Britain for April to June 2016.
For the year ending June 2016, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.51 billion, a 2.7% decrease
- London decreased by 3.6%
Bus use in England outside London, bus use decreased by 1.8% over the same period.
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for April to June 2016 to the same period last year:
- there was a 1.8% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 3.0%
In the same period, bus use:
- in England outside London decreased by 0.6%
- decreased in Scotland
- increased slightly in Wales
The local bus fares index for England increased by 1.6% in England between June 2015 and June 2016. For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1.2% increase in London
- 1.5% increase in metropolitan areas
- 2.0% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The retail prices index increased by 1.6% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 3.1% in Scotland
- 0.8% in Wales
Public enquiries 020 7944 3094