- the number of local bus passenger journeys
- local bus fares
in Great Britain for April to June 2016.
For the year ending June 2016, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.51 billion, a 2.7% decrease
- London decreased by 3.6%
Bus use in England outside London, bus use decreased by 1.8% over the same period.
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for April to June 2016 to the same period last year:
- there was a 1.8% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 3.0%
In the same period, bus use:
- in England outside London decreased by 0.6%
- decreased in Scotland
- increased slightly in Wales
The local bus fares index for England increased by 1.6% in England between June 2015 and June 2016. For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1.2% increase in London
- 1.5% increase in metropolitan areas
- 2.0% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The retail prices index increased by 1.6% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 3.1% in Scotland
- 0.8% in Wales