Statistics on local bus passenger journeys and fares in Great Britain for April to June 2015.
Passenger journey figures are based on data collected from a panel survey of the largest bus operators and are seasonally adjusted. The bus fares index is compiled from data provided by a representative sample of operators.
In the year to end June 2015:
- the provisional number of local bus passenger journeys in England was 4.64 billion, a 0.8% decrease compared with a year earlier
- local bus passenger journeys in London decreased by 0.2%, while in England outside of London, bus use decreased by 1.5% compared with a year earlier
Comparing April to June 2015 with April to June 2014:
- there was a 0.5% decrease in local bus passenger journeys in England. Bus use in London stayed the same, and outside of London bus use decreased by 0.9%
- bus passenger journeys also decreased in Wales and Scotland over the same period
Local bus fares index
Comparing June 2015 with June 2014:
- the local bus fares index increased by 3.1% in England (2.7% in London, 3.6% in metropolitan areas and 3.0% in non-metropolitan areas). The Retail Prices Index increased by 1.0% over the same 12-month period *in Scotland, local bus fares increased by 3.5% and in Wales by 1.1%
Public enquiries 020 7944 3094