Provisional estimates of road traffic, by
in Great Britain for the year ending September 2018.
Provisional estimates show motor vehicles travelled 327.1 billion vehicle miles in Great Britain for the year ending September 2018.
When compared to the year ending September 2017:
- all motor vehicle remained broadly stable (increasing slightly by 0.4%)
- van traffic had the largest proportional increase of 4.3% to 52.2 billion vehicle miles
- lorry traffic increased by 1.5% to 17.2 billion vehicle miles
- car traffic remained broadly stable at 252.5 billion vehicle miles
- traffic on motorways remained broadly stable at 68.0 billion vehicle miles
- traffic on ‘A’ roads remained broadly stable at 147.2 billion vehicle miles
- traffic on minor roads increased by 0.6%