Provisional estimates of road traffic, by
in Great Britain for the year ending June 2018.
Provisional estimates show motor vehicles travelled 327.0 billion vehicle miles in Great Britain for the year ending June 2018.
When compared to the year ending June 2017:
- all motor vehicle traffic increased slightly by 0.6%
- van traffic had the largest proportional increase of 3.7% to 51.7 billion vehicle miles
- lorry traffic increased by 1.3% to 17.2 billion vehicle miles
- car traffic remained broadly stable at 253.0 billion vehicle miles
- traffic on ‘A’ roads remained broadly stable (+0.4%) at 147.0 billion vehicle miles
- traffic on motorways increased by 0.7%
- traffic on minor roads increased by 0.9%