Provisional estimates of road traffic, by
in Great Britain for the year ending March 2018.
Provisional estimates show motor vehicles travelled 326.2 billion vehicle miles in Great Britain for the year ending March 2018.
When compared to the year ending March 2017:
- all motor vehicle traffic increased slightly by 0.8%
- van traffic had the largest proportional increase of 3.1% to 51.0 billion vehicle miles
- lorry traffic increased by 1.1% to 17.1 billion vehicle miles
- car traffic remained broadly stable (with a slight increase of 0.5%)
- traffic increased across all main road types