The 'Management information addendum' (for the NOMS annual report) and performance ratings for 2013 to 2014.
Management information addendum
The ‘National Offender Management Service (NOMS) annual report 2013 to 2014’ includes a table summarising the agency’s results against its headline indicators at the national level. The ‘Management information addendum’ provides a more detailed breakdown of performance against a wider range of indicators and by prison function.
The ‘Prison performance digest’ provides a breakdown by individual establishment of performance over the past 19 years, up to and including 2013 to 2014, against a number of indicators:
- prisoner population
- purposeful activity
- release on temporary licence
- random mandatory drug testing
The overall performance of each prison establishment and each probation trust is assessed against a range of indicators and graded into one of four bands. These bands are:
- Level 4: Exceptional performance
- Level 3: Good performance/meeting majority of targets
- Level 2: Requiring development/overall performance is of concern
- Level 1: Overall performance is of serious concern.