Levels of permanent and fixed-period exclusions by school type, including information on reasons for exclusions and exclusion review panels.
Permanent and fixed-period exclusions within the 2015 to 2016 academic year in:
- state-funded primary schools
- state-funded secondary schools
- special schools
It includes information on:
- reasons schools report for excluding pupils
- exclusions for different pupil groups
- independent exclusion review panels
- school level exclusions
- exclusions from pupil referral units
The release is based on exclusion data collected via the school census.
A time series of exclusion breakdowns are available in the release’s ‘Underlying data: SFR35/2017’ file.
School absence and exclusions team
Telephone: Laura Selby 07384 237 142