March 2013 news, economics and statistics relating to the UK’s farming and food industries.
This monthly paper produced by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) brings together the latest key information relating to agriculture and the wider economy. In particular it highlights the results of recently published economic and statistical evidence and research.
Headlines this month include:
- livestock prices increase
- UK farmgate milk price set to increase
- national pig herd declines
- food price inflation falls
- new information about on-farm computer usage