Details of the destinations of UK and other EU domiciled leavers from higher education.
This Statistical First Release (SFR) is published by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) in consultation with statisticians in BIS and the devolved administrations.
This is an annual publication that provides details of the destinations of UK and other EU domiciled leavers from Higher Education (HE) who obtained qualifications in higher education institutions (HEIs) in the UK, during the academic year 2012 to 2013. The data presented draws on the 2012 to 2013 Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey and presents some time series analysis from 2011 to 2012 when the revised DLHE was introduced. Tables show separate figures for each of the home countries.
The data themes include:
- destinations of full-time and part-time leavers from UK HEIs by level of qualification obtained
- destinations of full-time first degree leavers by sex, activity and subject area
- occupation of full-time first degree leavers entering employment in the UK by location of institution and subject area
- UK domiciled leavers who obtained first degree qualifications and entered full-time paid work in the UK by mode of study, sex and salary
- full-time UK domiciled leavers who entered employment within the UK by location of study, level of qualification obtained and location of employment 2011 to 2012 and 2012 to 2013.
The release also includes information on the destinations of part-time leavers from Open University by location of their National Centre.
The latest release relates to academic year 2012 to 2013 and was published on 26 June 2014.
A HESA publication ‘Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2012 to 2013’ that expands on information about the destinations of students qualifying from HEIs in the UK, will be published by HESA in July 2014. This report and earlier Statistical First Releases are available from the HESA website.