The quarterly Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) Workforce Statistics Bulletin monitors changes to staffing figures and the structure of HMPPS staff population over time.
It is produced quarterly to reflect the dynamic nature of the data included within many of the tables, and covers all civil service employees of HMPPS.
It features tables and commentary explaining trends relating to:
- staff in post FTE by Prison Service region and National Probation Service Division; by function of establishment (category of prison); by grade, length of service and by establishment and local delivery unit
- staff in post headcount by protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010
- the headcount of joiners and leavers by Prison Service region and National Probation Service Division; by function (category of prison or work area within the NPS); by grade; by protected characteristic
- the headcount of leavers by reason for leaving, leaving rates by grade, region and length of service
- annex of prison officer recruitment from job offer to staff post
HMPPS workforce bulletin is produced and handled by the Ministry of Justice’s (MOJ) analytical professionals and production staff. Pre-release access of up to 24 hours is granted to the following persons:
Ministry of Justice
Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State; Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for Prisons and Rehabilitation; Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Ministry of Justice; Permanent Secretary; Director, Prison Reform Policy; Director of Analytical Services; Deputy Head of Profession for Statistics; Deputy Director, Head of Prison and Probation Analytical Services; Deputy Director of Recruitment and retention; Director of Communications; Chief Press Officer at Prime Minister’s Office, Press officer (x7); Private secretaries (x9); Economic Adviser to the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice; Special advisors (x2)
HM Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS)
Chief Executive Officer; Head of CEO’s Office; Head of Executive Management Team; Executive director of Prisons; HR Director;; Deputy Director of HR Prisons; Deputy Director of HR Probation; HR official (x2),