Latest UK egg statistics
Quarterly UK statistics about eggs.
PDF, 119KB, 8 pages
This file is in an OpenDocument format
This publication gives quarterly information on egg production, usage and prices. This includes UK egg packing station throughput by country and egg production system (intensive, barn, free range, organic) and prices paid by UK egg packers to producers. The information about egg usage includes the number of eggs bought by UK egg processors and the quantity of egg products they produce. Monthly information about trade in eggs and egg products is also included.
Next update: see the statistics release calendar
Published: 25 June 2013
Updated: 2 February 2017
- Updated with statistical notice and datasets to Q4 2016.
- Amended contact details and updated egg trade dataset.
- Updated with data to September 2016.
- Updated with statistical release for Q2 2016.
- Updated latest egg figures.
- Latest statistical release for Q4 October to December 2015 added, contact name changed.
- Latest statistics release and datasets for September 2015.
- Egg statistics for Q2 2015 April to June published.
- Egg statistics: January to March 2015 published.
- United Kingdom Egg Statistics – Quarter 4, 2014 and datasets published.
- Updated with United Kingdom Egg Statistics – Quarter 3, 2014
- Updated with quarter 2 data.
- Updated with figures to March 2014.
- Updated with figures to December 2013.
- Updated with figures to the end of September 2013.
- Updated to include minor corrections to commentary and chart title.
- Updated to include figures to June 2013.
- Significant revisions to shell egg trade statistics due to methodological changes resulting in improvements to data quality, backdated to bring historical estimates up to the same standard.
- Updated with information to March 2013.
- First published.