The statistics include, the:
- average age of exit from the labour market – this covers the time period from 1950 to 2017
- economic status of individuals aged 50 and over, over time – this includes employment, inactivity and unemployment rates and levels and covers the time period from 1984 to 2017
- employment rate gap between 50 to 64 year olds and 35 to 49 year olds
- are broken down by gender
- are broken down by 5-year age bands (from 50 to 75+)
- include statistics on full-time and part-time employment
The background information and methodology note provides more information including the context, source
and limitations of the statistics.
Fuller Working Lives
This statistical release provides analysis on the headline measures that the government will use to monitor progress on Fuller Working Lives (FWL) that was announced in the Fuller Working Lives Strategy in February 2017.
The aim of the FWL Strategy is to support individuals aged 50 and over to remain in and return to the labour market and tackle the barriers to doing so.