Crime outcomes in England and Wales 2015 to 2016
Police recorded crime statistics on crime outcomes assigned by the police for the financial year ending March 2016.
Applies to England and Wales
‘Crime outcomes in England and Wales, year ending March 2016’ presents statistics on crime outcomes assigned by the police. The new outcomes framework was initially introduced in April 2013 and expanded further to a broader framework in April 2014. This is the second bulletin based entirely on the new outcomes framework and the first in which data covering the full framework are available from all police forces in England and Wales.
This reports on:
- outcomes assigned by the police to all offences recorded in the year ending March 2016, and a comparison with the previous year; this is the preferred measure for outcomes data; these will continue to be updated on a quarterly basis, reflecting that many of these offences will be assigned an outcome in future periods
- outcomes recorded in year ending March 2016, and a comparison with the previous year
- the length of time between a crime being recorded and its outcome subsequently being assigned
- transferred or cancelled records (formerly ‘no crimes’); the year ending March 2016 is the first year for which a breakdown into reasons why the record was transferred or cancelled is available
- data on the outcomes assigned to offences that are domestic abuse related; these are available for the first time
- experimental data on fraud outcomes
Previous outcomes publications are available at Crime outcomes in England and Wales statistics. Future bulletins will also be available via this link.
Detailed police recorded crime and outcomes data and longer term datasets are available in the police recorded crime and outcomes open data tables.
Published 21 July 2016