Details of the level of Council Tax set by local authorities in England.
These statistics published on 22 August 2013 revise details of the level of Council Tax set by local authorities in England for 2013 to 2014. This release incorporates minor revisions to the information that was first published on 27 March 2013. These revisions have not affected the key points from that release; the main change being a reduction in the parish precept from £368 million to £367 million.
The key points from the release are:
- the average band D Council Tax set by local authorities in England for 2013 to 2014 will be £1,456, (2012 to 2013 £1,444) an increase of 0.8%
- the average band D Council Tax for 2013 to 2014 will be £1,302 in London, £1,421 in metropolitan areas, £1,486 in unitary authority areas and £1,510 in shire districts
- in England in 2013 to 2014, the average Council Tax per dwelling will be £1,045
- in 2013 to 2014, 257 of 421 (61%) authorities will benefit from the Council Tax freeze grant
- parish precepts in 2013 to 2014 will total £367 million; the average band D parish precept in 2013 to 2014 will be £50.19, an increase of 5.1% on 2012 to 2013
- the total tax base used for setting Council Taxes for 2013 to 2014 was 16.1 million band D equivalent dwellings