Details of the level of Council Tax set by local authorities in England.
Details of the level of Council Tax set by local authorities in England for 2011 to 2012 were announced on 23 March 2011. This latest statistical release also contains data from 2002-03 to 2011-12.
The key points from the latest release are:
- the average band D Council Tax set by local authorities in England for 2011 to 2012 will be £1,439, (the same as for 2010 to 2011)
- in England in 2011 to 2012, the average Council Tax per dwelling will be £1,196 compared with £1,195 in 2010 to 2011, an increase of 0.1%
- excluding parishes, no local authority has increased its band D Council Tax
- the average band D Council Tax will be £1,308 in London, £1,399 in metropolitan areas and £1,484 in shire areas
- parish precepts in 2011 to 2012 will total £367 million, an increase of 2.8% over the 2010 to 2011 figure of £357 million; the average band D parish precept in 2011 to 2012 will be £45.88, an increase of 2.1%
- the total tax base used for setting Council Taxes for 2011 to 2012 was 18.4 million band D equivalent dwellings, 0.7% more than the 18.2 million in 2010 to 2011