Concessionary travel statistics: year ending, March 2016
Statistics on concessionary bus travel statistics in England on the number of passes, bus journeys, reimbursement and expenditure.
PDF, 2.34MB, 11 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
Concessionary bus travel statistics in England on the:
- number of concessionary passholders
- number of concessionary bus journeys
- net expenditure on concessionary bus schemes
- reimbursement to bus operators for concessionary schemes
For the financial year ending 2016, the number of concessionary passholders was:
- 9.9 million, a 0.9% increase
The number of older passholders was:
- 9.0 million, a 0.7% increase
The number of disabled passholders was:
- was 912,000, a 2.6% increase
When comparing concessionary bus passenger journeys to the previous financial year, there were:
- 0.97 billion passenger journeys
Travel Concession Authorities (TCAs) spent an estimated £1.15 billion on providing statutory and discretionary concessions.
Public enquiries 020 7944 3094