Statistics on data on parking badges for disabled people (‘Blue Badges’) in England. The data are derived from the Department’s annual survey of local authorities issuing Blue Badges and data from the Blue Badge Improvement Service database.
Badges on issue at 31 March 2013:
- the total number of Blue Badges held was an estimated 2.58 million, a decrease of 54 thousand compared to 2011.
- 4.8% of the English population held a valid Blue Badge
- of the total, 40% of badges were issued without further assessment, 59% were subject to further assessment and 1% were issued to organisations.
- the overall decrease in badges held between 2011 and 2013 was driven by a decline of 6.4% in the number of badges held ‘subject to further assessment’.
Badges Issued between 1 April 2012 and 31 March 2013:
- the number of badges issued between was 897,000, a decrease of 0.9% from the previous year.