Local bus statistics in Great Britain, including passengers, mileage and vehicle fleet, for the year ending March 2018.
The summary relates only to England to match the coverage of Department for Transport bus policy, but the tables also cover Scotland and Wales.
In the year ending March 2017, the number of bus passenger journeys:
- decreased by 1.9% in England
- decreased by 0.7% in London
- decreased by 3.2% outside London
In the year ending March 2018, bus service mileage:
- fell by an estimated 3.4% in England
- fell by 0.9% in London
- fell by 4.2% outside London
At March 2018, 98% of buses in England had the accessibility certificate which were required for all buses operating local services by 2017 at the latest (100% of buses in London and 97% outside London).