Tables for ‘Alcohol and Late Night Refreshment Licensing England and Wales 2011/12’.
This release draws together statistics on the following licensing authority powers under the Licensing Act 2003:
- premises licences (which can be used for the sale or supply of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment or the provision of late night refreshment);
- club premises certificates (which enable non-profit making clubs sell alcohol primarily to its members);
- personal licences;
- 24-hour alcohol licences; and
- late night refreshment licences.
Headline figures from the 2011/12 statistics show that on 31 March 2012 in England and Wales, there were in force:
- 202,000 premises licences, the same as on 31 March 2010;
- 15,900 club premises certificates, six per cent fewer than in 2010; and
- 502,400 personal licences, 16 per cent more than in 2010.
No comparisons with 2011 are shown, as figures were not collected for 2010/11.