Statistical data set
Tachograph and speed limiter centre data for Great Britain
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Vehicle testing, enforcement, approval and safety defect data
- 4 December 2015
- Last updated:
- 17 January 2017, see all updates
Statistical data sets about approved tachograph centres and speed limiter centres in Great Britain.
About this data set
This data set comes from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
It isn’t classed as an ‘official statistic’. This means it’s not subject to scrutiny and assessment by the UK Statistics Authority.
Tachograph centre supervision
DVSA approves and supervises centres who are approved to install, calibrate or inspect tachographs.
Speed limiter setting and sealing scheme
A speed limiter centre installs or adjusts devices that limit how fast a vehicle can go. If you want to become a speed limiter centre, you need to be either:
- approved by DVSA to be an independent centre
- sponsored by a DVSA approved vehicle or speed limiter maker
Published: 4 December 2015
Updated: 17 January 2017
- Updated with data for April 2015 to March 2016.
- First published.