Statistical data set
Livestock numbers in England and the UK
Annual statistics on the number of livestock in England and the UK in June and December.
These data series include annual statistics on the number of cattle, sheep and pigs in England and the UK as at 1 June and 1 December each year. Poultry populations are only available for June each year and are incorporated for reference.
Livestock numbers in England (data to December 2016) (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 209KB)
Livestock numbers in the UK (data to December 2016) (ODS, 128KB)
Published: 14 March 2013
Updated: 16 March 2017
- Updated with Livestock numbers in the UK (data to December 2016).
- Updated England dataset with 2016 figures.
- Updated with Livestock numbers in the UK (data to December 2015).
- Updated livestock numbers in England dataset.
- Page amended to reflect collection of June and December statistics
- Added hay and silage figures for 2013 to the data set for England.
- Updated with UK figures to 2013.
- Updated to include December 2013 England figures.
- Data sets with figures to December 2012 added for England and the UK.
- First published.