This report sets out the key findings from the review by BEIS into how victims of domestic abuse can be supported in the workplace and the actions which government will take as a result.
There are 3 main themes:
- raising awareness and understanding of the impacts that domestic abuse can have on individuals and employers
- building and sharing best practice among employers
- the role of employment rights
The report draws upon analysis of responses to the BEIS call for evidence which ran from June to September 2020.
Evidence gathering also included a series of ministerial and official-level roundtables with:
- the Designate Domestic Abuse Commissioner
- the Victims Commissioner
- trade unions
- specialist domestic abuse charities and service providers
- employers and their representatives across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland