Working with representatives: guidance for DWP staff
This guidance explains the department's policy on providing information about customers to their representatives.
PDF, 134KB, 9 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The document includes guidance on:
- to whom we can disclose information
- when we can disclose
- what can be disclosed
- the principle of implicit consent
- when we need to see written consent
Published: 1 June 2009
Updated: 12 August 2015
- Replaced guide: section updated - 'Steps to take when deciding whether to disclose information' - part 3.
- Updated information in guidance document about who to contact for further advice and support.
- Published updated version of the guide including including new contact details the removal of certain sections of the no longer relevant.
- First published.