Research and analysis
Work Programme evaluation: operation of the commissioning model, finance and programme delivery
This research is part of a comprehensive evaluation of the Work Programme, to provide an independent assessment of delivery and performance.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-910219-66-9, RR893 PDF, 5.52MB, 321 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This report brings together and summarises the main evidence from:
- the 2013 and 2014 waves of the Work Programme evaluation about the commissioning model, finance and programme delivery
- provider surveys from 2012, 2013 and 2014
The report explores the impact of the commissioning model on the provider market, the operation of the financial model and programme delivery.
The report draws on:
- qualitative interviews, conducted in 2013 and 2014, with Work Programme prime providers, selected subcontractors and DWP and Jobcentre Plus staff
- national surveys of providers
- an analysis of Work Programme provider market data
DWP will use the results from this report in the continuous improvement of the Work Programme and the design of any future contracts.
The preface notes at the start of the report give an update of the DWP’s response to the research findings.
Other reports in this series
Work Programme statistics
We publish the official Work Programme statistics, including data on referrals, attachments and job outcomes, in the Work Programme statistics series.