HMRC commissioned this research to:
- explore the main reasons why customers use voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations
- explore why these customers do not deal directly with HMRC
- identify what VCS organisations do for these customers
- explore what VCS organisations could do differently
- understand the potential impact of VCS organisations not offering these services
The research aimed to help HMRC make strategic decisions about what our VCS partners should deliver in the future.
It was carried out by the Employment Welfare and Skills (EWS) team within Ipsos MORI’s Social Research Institute.
Fieldwork took place between 19 September and 18 October 2018 and consisted of 16 interviews with VCS organisation representatives.