© Crown copyright 2016
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ukti-teams-in-the-english-regions/ukti-west-midlands-helping-companies-export-and-grow-overseas
1. What we do
The Department for International Trade (DIT) team in the West Midlands offers comprehensive support and guidance to companies across the region.
Located in 6 Chambers of Commerce, we work at the heart of the local business community and strive to help businesses of all sizes grow internationally. Our location in the Chambers of Commerce enables us to connect you to a network of contacts, business support services and local events.
Our International Trade Advisers (ITAs) work at a local level, advising companies from first time exporters, to large multinationals. We help with handling initial overseas enquiries, to building a long term international strategy. We take the time to understand your business and the specific support you need.
By supporting you, we continue to grow the West Midlands economy. In 2015, exports from the region increased to £29 billion.
2. Contact DIT West Midlands
Contact us to find out more about the tailored support we can offer you to help grow your business overseas.
Companies in the West Midlands - export enquiries
DIT West Midlands
75 Harborne Road
Telephone 0345 222 0159
Contact your local DIT office for enquiries about exporting and find out how DIT can help.
3. Our services
Benefit from local support to realise your export potential with services including:
- a dedicated international trade adviser
- export essentials masterclass
- live business opportunities
- free online training tools
- digital advice
- guidance on international communications
- free masterclasses on a range of export critical topics
- tradeshow support
Access further specialist export advice and subsidised services including:
- market research and introductions
- export finance
- intellectual property
- online sales
See our list of services for exporters.
4. Register for export events
DIT West Midlands organises events which help companies develop their export capabilities or enter new markets.
5. Meet an International Trade Adviser
We have ITAs across the West Midlands region. They have proven business skills and can give in depth sector and market advice.
ITAs can help with:
- an export health check
- developing a practical export strategy
- providing access to a global network of contacts
- recommended webinars and events for fact-finding and networking
- meetings with visiting overseas sector and market experts
- assist with planning overseas visits and tradeshows
- responsive assistance with specific opportunities and international trade barriers
Register your interest in meeting an International Trade Adviser for free.