© Crown copyright 2016
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ukti-teams-in-the-english-regions/ukti-south-east-helping-companies-export-and-grow-overseas
1. What we do
The Department for International Trade (DIT) South East International Trade Team supports small to medium businesses (SMEs) in the South East of England to develop their international sales.
We help first time or experienced exporters enter new markets.
Our International Trade Advisers (ITAs) provide support to businesses through services tailored to their needs.
We help businesses who are located within the following counties: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East and West Sussex, Hampshire and Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, and Surrey. Find your nearest DIT office.
2. Who we work with
We partner with business support organisations, other government departments and networks reaching out to wider audiences. These include the Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs), chambers of commerce, banks, trade associations, business membership groups and universities.
3. Message from Lewis Scott, DIT Regional Director for the South East
The UK government’s ambition is for exports to reach one trillion pounds and to get 100,000 more companies exporting by 2020 - and DIT South East is working hard to help achieve this.
We have a team of specialist ITAs with real industry knowledge and a vast amount of export experience. The team has assisted over 2,000 local companies this financial year to seize global opportunities through intensive tailored support.
The South East:
- is England’s biggest exporting region, exporting goods to the value of £39.2 billion for the year ending September 2014
- boasts the largest number of Queen’s Award 2014 winners in England
- has a diverse economy which is predominantly strong in marine, aerospace, security, creative, environmental, biotech / healthcare, space and advanced engineering
- has the largest number of universities to support the research and development work for these important industry sectors
As well as the intensive one to one support that our ITAs offer to both first time and existing exporters, DIT South East runs a large number of events.
These raise awareness about markets and facilitates. We also deliver a number of market visits and events to high growth markets (such as India, China, Brazil and Mexico) in addition to developed markets like Europe and the US.
Please call us on 0330 3000 012 to discuss how we can help you to succeed in world markets.
4. Contact DIT South East
Contact us if you want to talk about growing your business overseas.
Companies in the South East - export enquiries
Contact your local DIT office for enquiries about exporting and find out how DIT can help.
5. Our services
- get tailored information about overseas markets
- access major buyers, governments and supply chains overseas
- join market visits
- receive support to participate in selected overseas trade fairs
See our list of services for exporters.
6. Register for export events
DIT South East organises events which help companies develop their export capabilities or enter new markets.
7. Meet an International Trade Adviser (ITA)
We have over 40 ITAs in the South East region. They have proven business skills and can give in depth sector and market advice.
ITAs can help with:
- export training
- business planning
- getting contacts in overseas markets
- market research
- market visits
- market promotion and publicity
- export documentation
We have sector specialists in:
- food and drink
- aviation and aerospace
- digital media
- creative industries
- security and defence
- education and training
Register your interest in meeting an International Trade Adviser for free.
9. Success for companies we’ve helped
10. Get updates from DIT South East
Follow us on:
Email us email@example.com to sign up to our e-newsletter for monthly updates on sectors, international trade news, events and opportunities.