1. What we do
The Department for International Trade (DIT) East of England Team supports businesses in the East of England to help grow their operations overseas.
We help first time exporters or experienced exporters to enter new markets.
Our International Trade Advisers (ITAs) provide support to businesses through services tailored to their needs.
We help businesses who are located within Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. Find your nearest DIT Office.
2. Who we work with
We work with local organisations, including Chambers of Commerce in the region and the Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs).
We also work with business groups such as the Institute of Directors (IoD), the CBI, banks, accountants, solicitors and other professional networks and sector groups.
3. Message from Alan Pain, DIT Regional Director for the East of England
The East of England has the potential to continue to grow as an exporting powerhouse and we want to aim higher still to export more than ever this year.
The challenge is to increase the number of companies across the region exporting to meet the national ambition of getting 100,000 more companies exporting by 2020.
Having worked to support businesses across the East of England for the last 11 years I am more than well aware of the huge number of innovative and successful firms that are based here, and will be focusing my efforts on converting successful companies into successful exporters.
Contact my team to see how we can help you take your first step to export or support your expansion in to more overseas markets.
4. Contact DIT East of England
Contact us if you want to talk about growing your business overseas.
Companies in the East of England - export enquiries
DIT East of England
Welwyn Garden City
Telephone 01707 398 398
Contact your local DIT office for enquiries about exporting and find out how DIT can help.
5. Our services
- get tailored information about overseas markets
- access major buyers, governments and supply chains overseas
- join market visits
- receive support to participate in selected overseas trade fairs
- receive help to develop your e-commerce business overseas
6. Register for export events
DIT East organises events which help companies develop their international capabilities or enter new markets.
7. Meet an International Trade Adviser (ITA)
We have over 30 ITAs in the East of England region. They have proven business skills and can give in depth sector and market advice.
ITAs can help with:
- export training
- business planning
- getting contacts in overseas markets
- market research
- market visits
- market promotion and publicity
- export documentation
We have sector specialists in:
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- life sciences
- renewable energy
- creative industries
- engineering and manufacturing
Register your interest in meeting an International Trade Adviser for free.
8. Success for companies we’ve helped
9. Get updates from DIT East of England
Email us to sign up to our e-newsletter for monthly updates on sectors, international trade news, events and opportunities.