UK Position on Phase IV of EU ETS
The UK position on the European Commission’s proposals to reform the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) for Phase IV (2021-2030).
PDF, 265KB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
In reforming the EU ETS, the UK supports:
- An EU ETS cap in line with the EU’s target of at least 40% domestic Greenhouse Gas emission reductions by 2030 from 1990 levels.
- A secure, liquid carbon market.
- Targeted, cost-effective and risk-based carbon leakage support.
- The minimisation of administrative burdens on operators, especially small emitters.
- Cost-effective administration of funds that support decarbonisation of the UK’s and EU’s industrial and energy sectors.