- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Import and export: customs declarations, duties and tariffs
- 14 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 12 September 2017, see all updates
This guidance gives information to supplement the European Commission Transit Manual, covering transit in the UK and simplified procedures.
Guidance for UK customs and traders on transit procedures. It supplements the European Commission Transit Manual and should be read alongside it.
This guide provides extra information from the UK perspective. It also includes information on Proof of Union Status and the Additional Control Procedures (T5).
Published: 14 July 2014
Updated: 12 September 2017
- The section on T5 procedures has been rewritten as new EU regulations removes the T5 customs form procedures at ports.
- The Transit Manual Supplement has been updated to take account of the removal of the T5 procedure's form and changes to the rail simplified procedure.
- The transit manual supplement has been published which includes changes to sections on Guarantees, T5 procedure and Proof of Union Status procedure.
- A new version of the transit manual supplement has been published which includes changes relating to importers and exporters using community transit.
- Transit Manual Supplement updated to include changes from the introduction of the Union Customs Code.
- Paragraph 2.2 amended due to a change in EU regulations
- First published.