Code of Practice on Taxation for Banks - consolidated guidance
This publication consolidates past guidance on the code and introduces new material on aspects of the code.
PDF, 790KB, 42 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The updated Code guidance replaces all existing published guidance including:
- initial consultation – May 2009
- supplementary guidance - December 2009
- guidance on promotion and facilitation - June 2012
- strengthening Code consultation - May 2013
- establishing HMRC’s view on a bank’s compliance with the Code - Dec 2013
It also includes new material on the “intentions of Parliament”, the Annual Report, identifying the Code population, the application of the Code to overseas entities, how HMRC will monitor Code compliance and how the Large Business Compliance Strategy applies to banks which have adopted the Code.