Assessment only route to QTS: provider information
Criteria and supporting advice for providers wishing to offer the assessment only route to qualified teacher status (QTS).
The assessment only route to qualified teacher status (QTS) allows teachers to demonstrate that they already meet all the QTS standards, without the need for any further training. Teachers need to present detailed evidence and their teaching is assessed in a school by an accredited and approved provider.
- ‘Assessment only route to QTS: criteria’ document outlines the entry, assessment, management and quality assurance criteria for providers offering the assessment only route.
- ‘Assessment only criteria supporting advice’ document offers detailed support on how to implement the criteria.
Initial teacher training (ITT) accreditation
This email address is for potential new and accredited ITT providers. If you’re a potential candidate, wishing to gain qualified teacher status (QTS), please visit https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/explore-my-options/teacher-training-routes/specialist-training-options.
Published: 8 August 2013
Updated: 7 September 2016
- Updated assessment only criteria supporting advice document
- Updated supporting advice.
- Updated assessment only criteria and supporting advice.
- Updated contact information
- First published.