The public address derogation was granted as:
- acoustic modelling had shown that the minimum STl-PA level of 0.45 is only not achieved in the Stainer Street and the terminating concourse, less than a third of the the street level concourse
- a commitment to testing on completion was agreed and, should speech intelligibility be inadequate, appropriate solutions will be identified
The wheelchair spaces on platforms derogation was granted as:
- the requirement is generally complied with
- there are physical constraints at London Bridge Station where a free space of at least 150 centimetres cannot be provided when a train boarding ramp is deployed
- the safe operation of the station would not be affected as staff are able to deploy ramps but not at platforms 4 and 5 where a permanent ‘platform hump’ to provide necessary access
In both cases the provider was asked to monitoring complaints for 1 year after the station is in operation and outline to plans to the Department for Transport for addressing any concerns raised.
These requirements were additional to those applied and agreed for 8 May 2017.