These reports cover outputs of the alcohol strategy, case studies, civil penalties, warehouse approvals and multi-agency events.
PDF, 99.8KB, 5 pages
PDF, 78.5KB, 5 pages
PDF, 75.4KB, 3 pages
PDF, 145KB, 3 pages
PDF, 96KB, 3 pages
PDF, 62KB, 3 pages
Tackling alcohol fraud is an HM Revenue and Customs priority. The renewed ‘Tackling Alcohol Fraud’ strategy was launched in April 2010.
The strategy comprises 3 broad streams of activity:
- working with honest businesses to secure legitimate supply chains and make it harder for criminals to source illicit alcohol
- tightening the regulatory framework to prevent and reduce opportunities for fraud
- strengthening our operational response to alcohol fraud, through a centrally co-ordinated effort to detect, disrupt and dismantle illicit supply chains and penalise those who profit from the sale of illicit alcohol
Published: 19 March 2014
Updated: 24 May 2016
- Updated with quarter 3 and 4 outputs: October 2015 to March 2016, which also includes total outputs for the full year 2015 to 2016.
- Updated with quarter 1 and 2 outputs: April 2015 to September 2015
- The quarter 3 and 4 outputs report for tackling alcohol smuggling has been published.
- Updated to include information for quarter 4
- First published.
From: HM Revenue & Customs