Third party certification enables organisations to clearly demonstrate that they comply with the surveillance camera code of practice.
Certification enables organisations to demonstrate to communities that they use their CCTV systems transparently, effectively and proportionately.
This document gives information on:
- why third party certification was introduced
- who can apply for certification
- the criteria for applying
- the benefits
- how to apply
Watch the webinar about third party certification:
Further information about the third party certification scheme is available, including:
Published: 10 November 2015
Updated: 1 March 2016
- Replaced the third party certification policy document
- Added link to guidance on tools to help organisations show that they apply with the surveillance camera code of practice.
- First published.