How to make a summary decision on court costs in a fast track case or after a short hearing lasting up to a day.
The guide outlines how to go about carrying out an assessment, and includes information on:
- when to make costs orders
- insurance cover and conditional fee agreements
- costs for litigants in person
- payments involving a patient or child
- how to assess solicitors’ fees
To work out costs for different regions and pay grades, refer to the solicitors’ guideline hourly rates (previously published as appendix 2 of the guide).