Subject knowledge enhancement (SKE): funding manual
A guide for training providers requesting funding for pre-initial teacher training SKE programmes and bursaries.
A manual for initial teacher training (ITT) providers and School Direct lead schools to use as a guidance document to request subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) funding from the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
SKE programmes are pre-ITT programmes designed to help potential trainees gain the depth of knowledge needed to train to teach their chosen subject.
The funding manual outlines:
- funding eligibility
- SKE programme and bursary funding rates
- how to request funding
- how payments will be made
- information about financial audit requirements
For SKE funding to be released, School Direct lead schools and ITT providers must have a signed grant offer letter in place. All highlighted sections in the grant offer letter must be completed and annex A must be signed by the accounting officer.
The grant offer letter should be returned to the SKE team at email@example.com.
Published: 21 August 2015
Updated: 4 October 2016
- Subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) funding manual 2016 to 2017 added.
- Update to dates in paragraphs 10 and 11 and page 10 on subject knowledge enhancement operations manual 2015 to 2016
- First published.