Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings: return forms and Notice
Online and paper Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) returns and Returns Notice.
Ref: ATED online return https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/ATED2014-2?dept-name=&sub-dept-name=&location=41&origin=http://www.hmrc.gov.uk
Ref: ATED paper PDF, 254KB, 7 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
These are individual forms for each of the ATED reliefs that can be claimed. You should complete an ATED RDR form for properties where the ATED liability is reduced to nil. You can use one form for multiple properties, provided you are claiming the same relief for all of them.
If you need to complete a Relief Declaration Return for 2015 to 2016 please contact the ATED helpline and ask them to send you a copy of the form(s) you need.
Before you start
If you’re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.
You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form. HM Revenue and Customs recommend you gather all your information together before you begin.
To send a paper version of an ATED RDR, contact the ATED helpline and ask them to send you a copy of the form(s) you need.
Don’t file a duplicate return online if you’ve already completed and submitted a paper return.
Related forms and guidance
Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings: return forms and guidance
ATED returns with guidance to help you complete the forms.
Register for the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings online service
Companies, partnerships with a company member and collective investment schemes can register for Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED).
Published: 7 April 2013
Updated: 24 January 2017
- Related guidance added on how to register for the new ATED online service.
- There have been changes to existing rate bands and a new rate band introduced.
- The Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings Return attachment has been updated.
- The Returns Notice has been reviewed and updated to reflect recent process changes and the introduction of the new Relief Declaration Return.
- The ATED guidance on completing a return has been updated to reflect legislative changes which came into effect on 1 April 2015.
- This page has been updated to include the latest version of the online and paper Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings returns.
- First published.