This report covers the 6 months ended 31 March 2012 and details the work since the establishment of the agency on 1 October 2011.
The agency was established by the Secretary of State for Education as an executive agency of the Department for Education on 1 October 2011 and formally commenced operating on Monday 3 October 2011. The agency has responsibility, on behalf of the Secretary of State for Education, for the development and delivery of statutory assessment and testing in England.
The report incorporates the management commentary as required under the government financial reporting manual. It shows how the agency has carried out its statutory duties as an executive agency of the Department for Education.
- introduction from the Chief Executive
- looking ahead
- six month report
- remuneration report
- financial review
- statement of the Standards and Testing Agency Chief Executive’s responsibilities
- governance statement
- the certificate and report of the Comptroller and Auditor General to the House of Commons
- statement of comprehensive net expenditure
- statement of financial position
- statement of cash flows
- statement of changes in taxpayers’ equity
- notes to the financial statements