Details of the numbers of staff who have failed either a security check (SC) or counter terrorist check (CTC)
- Date requested: 28 January 2013
- Date responded: 1 February 2013
Under the Freedom of Information Act I would like to request the following details:
Question 1: Details of the numbers of staff who have failed either a (a) security check (SC) or (b) counter terrorist check (CTC). Please note that by “numbers of staff” I do not necessarily mean current staff. I also include staff who have since left the department.
Question 2: In each case (where possible within confines of the act) please list the following:
- the rank or job title of the member of staff who failed the check
- the year of the check that staff member failed
- the nationality of the staff member who failed the check
- what the outcome was of failing to pass the check (eg was the staff member dismissed, did he resign) and
- whether the person who failed the test is still employed by the department
I would like details since the checks were introduced please. NB If the “in each case” questions are difficult to answer (for example, you think they might go over FOI cost limits, or meet one of the Act’s criteria for exemptions) then please do not fail to respond to the main part - and most important part - of my request - Question 1.
Since the checks were introduced no current staff, or staff who have left the department, have failed (a) a security check or (b) a counter terrorist check.
Published: 16 September 2013
From: Department for Education