The Corporate Plan sets the SSRO’s aims, objectives and key performance indicators for the next three years.
The SSRO’s first Corporate Plan establishes the vision and work programme of the new regulator of single source defence procurement for the period 2015 - 2018.
The SSRO’s aims are “to ensure that good value for money is obtained in government expenditure on qualifying defence contracts, and that persons who are parties to qualifying defence contracts are paid a fair and reasonable price under those contracts”. In delivering these aims we will at all times be independent, transparent and professional.
The Corporate Plan also sets six strategic objectives for the SSRO:
- Be a fair and transparent adjudicator between the MOD and industry.
- Issue authoritative and impartial rates and guidance.
- Use the data provided to us to analyse the impact of the new Regulations.
- As an expert on single source procurement, keep the Defence Reform Act and Regulations under review.
- Be a good employer and value our people.
- Be financially responsible and target our resources where they will have greatest public benefit.
Our performance against each objective will be measured by a series key performance indicators.
The document also explores the SSRO’s role, the regulatory challenge within the defence sector, the risks to delivery of the Plan, and our performance in 2014/15.
Published: 26 June 2015